Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week # 73 (of posting on the blog) "Family Life" (week 96 he has been in Mexico City)





So this week was a really good week! We are finding a ton of new people to teach and it is awesome:) Me and my companion are destroying it in this area its awesome. We brought 14 people to church this week. We have found 6 new people who want to get baptized and all will be able to within 2 or 3 weeks so that's super cool. I love to see and feel the Lords hand in my daily life. He is always putting people in my path and the Spirit is always there to give the words so they can come to know the joy the gospel brings into our lives.

This week we found a lady that told us if we can heal her soul she will convert to the church. We talked with her the day after we found her, and she just bawled to us for like an hour and just explained her whole life story. She's an huérfano (idk) how to say that in English. And her kids are nuts and she just doesn't know why she cant forgive anyone. It's just a really sad thing to watch so we gave her a Book of Mormon with like 50 scriptures marked inside about forgiveness and charity and other things. Then after we left we saw her in the street, and she was crying saying she read the book and it was so beautiful and that she knows its a true book. It was so cool to see a change happen in just 1 DAY!!!!

And then last night we had our meeting with the ward mission leader and he told us he doesn't want to be the ward mission leader. He doesn't want to go to church, and he wants to leave his wife and 2 little girls. It was nuts and I wasn't gunna say anything, but then I got a prompting from the spirit super strong, and to be honest I ignored it, then it came back even stronger and I opened my mouth and the words just came spewing out and idk what I said but we all ended up crying and the ward mission leader says he is going to keep trying with his calling, and especially with his wife and family. It was so cool to see the spirit working though me to help the members. 

It's so easy to forget how hard life really is when your here in the mission, because literally I'm in a bubble and super close to my Savior. I´m protected by the rules I have, and I live off the money that I get from the church. I don't have a worry in the world. I'm sure that after the mission it will be harder than ever, BUT, I know more now than ever what it takes to keep a family together and how to check myself to see if what I'm doing is right or wrong. I will always follow the rules of the church because it is my protection, and its not going to be easy and I'm sure I will fall short sometimes, but it will protect me and it will always help me to keep my priorities straight and protect me and my family.

Choose the right always. 

Love Your Elder Rody

No comments:

Post a Comment