Monday, July 21, 2014

Week # 38 Tender Mercies



July 21, 2014
Subject: Tender Mercies

So just gunna start out by saying that God, in our moments when we are the most needing, will always grant us what is best for us, and will always put us in the right situation so that we can have the most fruitful and enjoyable lives. Sometimes we call these tender mercies. When we get just a little helping hand from above. I was freaking out all this week because of changes, and I was 100% sure that I did not want leave this place. I had zero desire to leave all the people I have learned to love and are like family to me now, and I am like family to them. I was praying so hard to not get changed from my companion because we get along so well, and are working and doing a lot of great things.
           So when Saturday night rolled around I was waiting for the changes, and when I finally got the call my zone leaders told me that I was going to be zone leader with elder Cañes de Luna, from Las Vegas and I would stay in the ward. I was so happy but they said my companion was going to get changed to another area, so I was also super sad cause that would mean saying goodbye to a good friend of mine. But, it turned out to all be a big joke by the zone leaders, and in fact elder Penagos y yo would be staying in the ward for another change! I was ecstatic. It was truly an answer to my prayers and God really does love his children!
       So I feel like if I am going to stay here and complete 7 1/2 months here in this ward that God wants me to do something very important. So I am super stoked to find out what that is. I love the mission and all the things I learn, the people I meet and learn to love, the relationships I have built with God and our Savior. Now as I complete almost a year in the mission I am starting to realize why they say "the best two years".
Love you all and have a great week,
Elder SpeakswithRain,
Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment