Monday, September 8, 2014

Week # 44 Tlalnepantla is siiiick


September 9, 2014
Tlalnepantla is siiiick

So word up everyone, sorry I suck at writing lately. I guess thats kind of just what happens when you have 13 months in the mission, you forget that you have family and stuff haha jk jk. So this new area is soo sick we have Wal-Mart, Costco, and Sams club, and I have already spent my whole months worth of money at Costco and Wal-Mart. But, its okay cause I bought beef jerky and krustez pancake batter, so I am pretty much set. But I had a super sick experience this week that I want to share.

So this week I just had the question if God really knows where I am, and what I am doing (I know probably a stupid question but I wanted to know). So, we went to help the sister missionaries one night, and went to visit a guy who was excommunicated. We knocked on the door and this 86-year-old man answered the door and he just like told us to follow him inside so we did. We were walking through a whole bunch of garbage, and over these wooden planks and under this tarp (thought it was his house) and walked under it and into this 2-room apartment. I sat down and noticed that all his walls were covered with posters and a whole bunch of random tools… until I really noticed that all the posters and all the tools where pictures of climbing stuff, and all the tools were ancient climbing gear. Ice axes, ropes, carribeaners, climbing shoes, boots, tents, and just anything you can imagine. 

So when I finally asked him about it he lit up, he was like freaking Mr. Miyagi, but like a climbing version. He’s climbed all the biggest mountains in Latin America, and we talked about climbing for literally hours one night. But it was just really cool because he wasn’t listening to the sister missionaries but when we started talking about climbing he opened right up. I was able to help him a lot and I was also able to learn a lot about life from him. It was just really cool to see that God knows who I am, what I like, where I’m going, and why I’m here. God lives and always is with us and is always watching over us! It was just a super cool experience.

Well next Monday is Mexican Independence Day, so it will be nuts here. My area is so rad and my comp is sick too. Love you all and see you all soon!

Love Elder Ródaba (thats how the Mexicans say my name haha)





No comments:

Post a Comment