Monday, September 30, 2013

Week # 6 The Day Before I Leave for Mexico


September 30, 2013

Hola mi fantastica familia!!!

So today is Monday, September 30th, 2013 the day before I leave for Mexico. I am so gosh dang nervous! Holy crap. I am not even close to fluent, I haven’t fully packed yet I am so at peace it’s crazy. God is truly watching out for me!!!! I know that I have angels on my right and on my left. I know that as long as I ask with a sincere heart and am completely obedient then God has no choice but to bless me like crazy! Last night during the devotional I realized the importance of the temple in our lives. I really wish that I would have gone to the temple more, and really prayed harder and would have really focused on the things of the temple. 

Well anyway I leave at 2:30 in the am. It is 8:30 and I am all packed and ready for Mexico. We said goodbye to our teachers and it was wayyyyyy harder than I would have thought holy crap. I cried a few times but whats new! No lie I am really good at spanish, like I have 10 times more to learn, but I have learned more in these 6 weeks of spanish than I could have in the 3 years I took spanish. The gift of tongues is real, and you never really think about how much the gift of tongue really comes into effect until you are forced to learn a different language. I am so ready for Mexico. I am ready to get into a place totally new, I love being out of my comfort zone, it is one of thee best blessings of this life. I would encourage you all to step outside your comfort zone, and be bold like my mom has always told me “live big!” I love this and I have really taken it to the next level here in the MTC. There are some crazy things I have been asked to do during my stay in the MTC. Most of these things have been some of my most segrado cosas en la CCM. 

Well I know this is a super short email but I gotta get a few more things done before I leave for Mexico, but I just want to leave you all with my testimony. For most of my life I have never had a sure knowledge of some things in the gospel. I didn't know I really had a father in heaven. I never knew that the book of Mormon is the word of God and Joseph Smith is a true prophet. Most of the basic doctrines I didn't have a sure knowledge of these things. And I realized that this was because I didn’t want to believe. And it was because I was selfish and I was too stuck inside myself, and the first few weeks in the MTC hit me right in the face. But I am so glad they have because I have grown more in these 6 weeks than I have in most of my life. And I am now choosing to want to believe these things and I am receiving miracles every day. It is insane. I have been a fence sitter my whole life and quiet frankly I am very disappointed in myself. There is no such thing as a fence sitter in the gospel. Your are either a follower of God and Jesus or you are a follower of satan. But that is one of the best things in the gospel is repentance. We are always making mistakes some bigger than others but Jesus covered everything all you have to do is ask and ye shall receive. Do not procrastinate the day of your repentance. That is like saying " you know what I will wait right before my mission to be happy" or "I will wait until I’m older and I’ve had my "FUN" to repent and be truly happy" like come on we would never normally say that... Well anyway I have come a long way and now I know these things are true because I am living them and repenting daily. I challenge all of you to be happy now and live the basic doctrines of the church. I say these things of mi redentor y mi salvador Jesu Christo, amen.

Love you all more than you know. Next time you hear from me I will be en MEXICO!!!! MUCHISIMO AMOR    


 Your Elder Rodabough

No comments:

Post a Comment