Monday, August 4, 2014

Week # 40 Challenges



August 4, 2014
Subject: Challenges.
       So as many of you have heard my Grandpa Rodabough was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He is such a strong man and a fighter. I can just picture him saying "this stupid cancer isn’t going to win" haha! I love him more than I can ever explain, but I am very calm and at peace because now is not his time. He has been a huge influence on me, and will continue to help me grow and become a better man. And maybe if it is his time (which I feel it is not) he’s will have a great work to do beside our father in heaven, and our brother Jesus Christ. Grandpa you will be in my prayers and I will be fasting every other day to help show my faith. God is the master planner and whatever happens, it is the will of God.
       There have been millions of success stories with cancer, and this will be another! Modern medicine is amazing, and the doctors will do everything to get him back to normal. Just need a little bit of faith. And just remember that faith without works is dead. He is going to be fine I just know it.
       Well on a little bit of a lighter note. Today I will never be able to say "this time next year I will still be in Mexico." Because today I complete 1 year in the mission. I usually don’t like to talk about the time factor of my mission cause I feel like that rules the minds of every missionary. Like they are always living in the future and waiting for things to come and pass by, without actually living in the moment. This has been the fastest year of my life, and everyone says that the second year is way faster, and that scares me. I am not ready to come home, and face the real world yet haha. I love the mission and am learning so much. I learn more in 1 day here than I would learn in like a week in the real world. The mission has blessed my life immensely and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings! Life is good.
You are all in my prayers, and especially Grandpa and Grandma Rodabough, please keep them in yours.

Love your favorite Elder Rodabough, soon we will have 2 Rodaboughs in Mexico, congrats baby cousin on your call to Monterey, your gunna love Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment